When the time is right to get an in home consultation these are things to have ready:
- Have the kitchen ready to be measured by removing as much as possible from the
counters and the area so the estimator/designer can take accurate measurements
- Have a portfolio of ideas. Pictures of cabinets, counters, tile, lighting etc is very helpful
for the designer to see what your tastes are so the design process can progress
smoothly. Many times a homeowner will say they are not sure about style. Even if you
are not sure of what you like you probably know what you don’t like. Let the designer
- Have an appliance wish list. Tired of microwave hoods? A microwave drawer in the
island could be solution. The appliance package should be determined early in the
process so the designer does not have to redesign later. Include model numbers and
installation guidelines for the products if possible (these can be downloaded from the
- Have a list of questions ready for the estimator/designer. This should be as
comprehensive as possible. Think of it as a job interview. Ask questions about counter
choices, cabinet construction, timeline for the project. A good estimator/designer will
know the answer to most if not all of your questions.
- Have a budget ready. It really helps move things along. If you only want to spend
$5,000.00 on the project the designer can offer suggestions on how to accomplish that.
Maybe just painting the cabinets and and new counters. For help figuring out a kitchen
remodeling budget click here
When you are ready to start the process you can fill out a contact form or call us @ 203 678-4615 to set up an appointment with one of our designers.